Destination Based Dispatching (DBD)
Kinetek provides a scale-to-fit destination based dispatching system precisely suited to your buildings unique requirements. The system features touch screens for call registration and car assignment allowing the maximum degree of panel customization. Our system is completely scalable; you may start with lobby boost
alone and proceed through a mixed traditional and destination based implementation on to full destination based dispatching on all floors. Choose just the system you want. If you choose to expand later, the implementation allows seamless, easy additions or changes to your initial installation. Kinetek’s Destination Based Dispatching is an innovative dispatching system that enhances building traffic flow by intelligently matching passengers to elevator cars and achieving optimal efficiency.
The technology behind this system uses complex algorithms, but the passenger experience is quite simple: After selecting the desired floor on a touch screen, passengers are directed to the elevator that will take them to their destination. It’s just that simple. Everyone familiar with traditional dispatching — where passengers wait impatiently for the first elevator to arrive and then gather at the elevator as the door opens — knows the pressure of catching the next elevator. With Destination Based Dispatching, passengers can relax because they know in advance which elevator is coming to meet them. Destination Based Dispatching allows the most efficient passenger elevator assignment for a given number of floors, passengers per elevator, and minimum number of stops per elevator. It provides an alternative to the typical busy scenario where a crowd of passengers enters an elevator, each needing to select a floor when they board and then enduring the wait as the elevator stops at several floors — sometimes depositing just one passenger per floor. And this process is duplicated for every elevator in the group.
Effective Destination Based Dispatching eliminates this inefficiency by assigning groups of passengers with the same destination to the same elevator, resulting in far fewer stops and improving transit time. Destination Based Dispatching also provides an ideal solution to minimize expense and maximize efficiency during up-peak traffic times. It’s called Lobby Boost, and it uses Destination Based Dispatching on the lobby floors but standard fixtures and dispatching on other floors.
- Building modernization
- New installation
- Complete touch-screen implementation for easiest possible customization or re-purposing. Integration with building security
- ADA voice instructions and tone guidance features
- Seamless addition, enhancement, or re-structuring at any point
- Reduces passenger stress in high traffic conditions
- Improves elevator trip efficiency by assigning passengers with like destinations to the same elevator — resulting in fewer stops and improved transit time.
- Superior dispatching logic: The dispatcher has more information about passengers, destinations, predicted load per elevator, and number of stops — the result is more effective dispatching.
- Total scalability. Choose any level of mixed destination based and traditional hall-call dispatching or a full destination based system.
- Logical, stepped implementation for modernizations.
Activation of the Accessibility Function key enables a speaker that
verbally requests the button be pressed a second time when the desired floor is called out. Then the speaker announces the assigned car designation and provides directions to that car. A unique tone is also played. The assigned elevator annunciator repeats the unique tone to further assist car location. Arriving car annunciators announce the car label and floors serviced. Passenger boarding time is extended.